If you subscribe to a Virtual Terminal solution, follow these steps to reverse (or void) settled transactions. Funds are returned to the customer within five business days from the reversal date.
Tip: If the transaction you want to reverse is already settled, please see Refund settled transactions in Virtual Terminal.
- Log in to Transaction Manager .
- Click Transactions.
- In the Transactions screen, confirm yesterday's date is entered in the Date From field and today's date is entered in the Date To field. Or, if the unsettled transaction that you want to reverse was processed prior to two days ago, enter a date range that includes the date of that transaction.
- Click the Search button. A list of transactions appears if there are transactions that meet your search criteria. If you don't see the transaction you're looking for, enter different search criteria and search again until you find the transaction.
- Click the link in the TRANSID column to view details for the desired transaction.
- Click the Reversal button in the Action column. You'll see a message near the top of the Transaction Details screen that tells you if the reversal is successful. The successful or failed reversal is recorded as a new transaction.
- To print or email a receipt of the reversed transaction, do the following steps.
- Click the Back button above the Actions column to view the transaction search results.
- If the reversed transaction isn't listed in the Transactions screen, enter yesterday's date in the Date From field and today's date in the Date To field and click the Search button.
- Click the link in the TRANSID column for the reversal you just processed.
- In the Transaction Details screen, click the Receipt button in the Actions column. The receipt opens in a new window.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Receipt window and do one of the following steps.
- To email a receipt, enter the customer's email address in the field and click the Email button.
- To print a paper receipt, click the Print button.