This article describes how to set up your VX 520 terminal so you can process transactions.
- Open the cover on the back of the terminal.
- If you have a check reader, do the following steps.
- Connect the check reader's data cord to the terminal's RS-232 port and the check reader.
- Plug the check reader's power cord into the check reader and a power outlet.
- Insert the terminal's AC power plug into the terminal’s power port. To lock the plug in place, rotate the plug counter-clockwise until it's flush against the side panel.
- Route the power cable in the direction of the arrow above the power port.
- Close the terminal's cover.
- Plug the terminal's AC power cord into a power outlet. The terminal automatically turns on when it receives power and the main screen appears after showing a copyright message.
- After the terminal turns on, connect the telephone cord to a telephone wall jack and to the terminal's telephone port, which has a blue telephone icon next to it.
- Connect the ethernet cable to an internet modem or router and to the terminal's ethernet port, which has the abbreviation ETH next to it.
- To verify your ethernet connection, select COMMSERVER from the terminal's main menu.
Your terminal is now ready to use. To learn how, please see Accept payments on VeriFone VX 520 terminals.