This article describes how to void a credit sale on the same day that the sale occurred.
Note: Although you can't void credit sales from previous days or void any debit sales, you can return credit and debit sales.
- If the terminal's main menu is open, which reads CommServer and SoftPay TSYS, press F3 to open the SoftPay home screen.
- From the SoftPay home screen, select Void.
- Do you want to void the most recent transaction? Choose one of the following options.
- Select Yes to view details about the transaction, then continue to the next step.
- To void an earlier transaction, follow these steps.
- Select No.
- Select INV #.
- Enter the invoice number you want to void. Invoice numbers appear on receipts and in transaction reports.
- Press Enter to view details about the transaction.
- Does the sale amount match the transaction that you want to void? Choose one of the following options.
- Select Yes to void the sale. A receipt prints showing the voided transaction.
- Select No, then return to the previous step and find a different transaction.