This article describes how to set up Hypercom 4220, 4210, and 4205 desktop terminals.
- If you have a check reader, connect the check reader cord to the terminal's green serial port and to the check reader device.
- If you have a PIN pad, do the following steps.
- Connect the PIN pad cord to the PIN pad and the terminal's yellow PIN pad port.
- Connect the power cord to the PIN pad and a power outlet.
- Insert the terminal's power plug into the terminal's power port. To lock the plug in place, rotate the plug counter-clockwise until it's flush against the side panel.
- Route the terminal's power cable in the direction of the arrow above the terminal's power port.
- Plug the terminal’s AC power cord into a power outlet. The terminal automatically turns on when it receives power. The main screen opens after a brief copyright message.
- After the terminal turns on, connect the telephone cord to the terminal's blue Line port and to a telephone wall jack.
- If you have a Hypercom 4220 terminal, connect the ethernet cable to the terminal's ethernet port and to an internet modem or router.
Your terminal is now ready to use.