You can collect federal, state, or local sales tax with every transaction that you process in the TSYS Mobile Payment Acceptance app. Follow the steps in this article to turn on the sales tax feature and enter a tax rate in the TSYS mobile app.
Tip: If you process transactions in the TSYS Merchant Center, you may also want to set sales tax rates in the TSYS Merchant Center.
- Log in to the TSYS Mobile Payment Acceptance app.
Important! If you haven't yet activated your TSYS Merchant Center account, see Set up a TSYS mobile solution.
- From the main Enter Payment screen, tap Menu > Settings.
- Tap the Sales Tax switch to turn on the tax feature.
- Tap Tax Rate: [percentage].
- Enter the desired tax rate percentage, then tap Set.
- Tap OK to confirm the tax rate.
Sales tax is automatically calculated and applied to sales totals during transactions.