If you want to authorize and hold an amount without charging a customer now, follow the steps in this article to authorize transactions for credit and signature debit cards in CHARGE Anywhere's QuickSale mobile app.
Most credit authorizations expire after 30 days, but American Express OptBlue authorizations expire after 7 days.
- If you don't have the QuickSale app, please see Set up a CHARGE Anywhere mobile solution.
- The QuickSale mobile app doesn't process PIN debit cards.
- Log in to the QuickSale app.
- Tap Transactions > Credit > Auth Only.
- Do you want to swipe or enter a card? Do one of the following steps.
- Swipe the card, then enter the Amount and any optional information.
- To enter a card, enter the following information:
- Exp Date (enter a two-digit month and year in mmyy format)
- Card Present (tap this switch if the card is present for this transaction)
- Address (recommended; enter the street number of the cardholder's billing address)
- Zip Code (recommended; enter the ZIP code of the cardholder's billing address)
- Tap Actions > Submit. If the authorization is successful, you'll receive an approval code, which you'll need later if you settle the transaction.
- If you enabled receipts, a paper receipt automatically prints if a printer is connected to your mobile device. To email a receipt, enter an email address and tap Send. The approval code appears on the receipt.
- Later, if you want to charge the customer and settle the successful authorization, follow the steps in Force authorized transactions to settle in the QuickSale mobile app.