If you subscribe to a CHARGE Anywhere mobile solution, follow these steps to refund (or return) settled transactions online rather than on your mobile app. Funds are returned to the customer within five business days from the refund date.
Tip: If the transaction you want to refund is still unsettled, please see Reverse unsettled transactions in Transaction Manager.
- Log in to Transaction Manager .
- Click Transactions.
- In the Transactions screen, enter details about the transaction that you want to refund, such as Date From and Date To, and click the Search button. A list of transactions appears if there are transactions that meet your search criteria. If you don't see the transaction you're looking for, enter different search criteria and search again until you find the transaction.
- Click the link in the TRANSID column to view details for the desired transaction.
- Click the Return button in the Action column. A Process Transaction dialog box opens with details about the original transaction.
- Click the Submit button. You'll see a message near the top of the Process Transactions dialog box that tells you if the return is approved. The approved or failed return is recorded as a new transaction.
- Click the Close button to close the Process Transactions dialog box.
- To print or email a receipt of the returned transaction, do the following steps.
- Click the Back button above the Actions column to view the transaction search results.
- If the returned transaction isn't listed in the Transactions screen, enter yesterday's date in the Date From field and today's date in the Date To field and click the Search button.
- Click the link in the TRANSID column for the return you just processed.
- In the Transaction Details screen, click the Receipt button in the Actions column. The receipt opens in a new window.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Receipt window and do one of the following steps.
- To email a receipt, enter the customer's email address in the field and click the Email button.
- To print a paper receipt if a printer is attached to your computer, click the Print button.