If you subscribe to a TSYS mobile solution and you want to authorize and hold an amount without charging a customer now, follow the steps in this article to authorize transactions for credit and signature debit cards in the TSYS mobile app.
Most credit authorizations expire after 30 days, but American Express OptBlue authorizations expire after 7 days.
Note: The TSYS mobile app doesn't process PIN debit cards.
- Log in to the TSYS Mobile Payment Acceptance app.
Note: If you haven't already installed the app, see Set up a TSYS mobile solution.
- Tap the Transaction Type menu button, then tap Forced Authorization Only.
- In the Enter Payment — Forced Authorization Only screen, enter the sale Amount, then tap Next.
- Swipe a card through a card reader, or complete the following steps to manually enter a card.
- Tap Key-In Card. (Skip this step if a card reader is not connected to your mobile device.)
- Enter the card number, then tap Next.
- Enter the expiration date, then tap Next.
- Enter the cardholder’s name, then tap Next.
- Enter the card’s security code if you can read the code. Otherwise, tap Illegible or Not Present.
- If the cardholder is present, tap Present. Otherwise, tap Not present.
- Enter the five-digit ZIP code, then tap Next.
- If you enabled invoice numbers, enter an invoice number.
- Tap Process Payment to process the transaction.
If the authorization is successful, you'll receive an approval code, which you'll need later if you settle the transaction. If you previously connected a Woosim Bluetooth printer to your mobile device, a paper receipt automatically prints and the approval code appears on the receipt.
- Later, if you want to charge the customer and settle the successful authorization, use the TSYS mobile app to force the authorized transaction to settle. (We'll publish an article about this soon.)