If you subscribe to a Virtual Terminal solution and you want to authorize and hold an amount without charging a customer now, follow these steps to authorize an amount.
- Log in to Transaction Manager .
Note: If you haven't already activated your Transaction Manager account, see Set up Virtual Terminal solutions.
- The Web Terminal screen should automatically open, but if necessary, click Virtual Terminal > Web Terminal Options > Web Terminal.
- Confirm Credit is selected in the Payment Type field.
- Select Auth Only in the Transaction Type field.
- Complete the following steps to swipe a card or manually enter a card.
Swipe a card
- Click SWIPE to open the Card Swipe window.
- In the Card Swipe window, click CLICK HERE TO SWIPE.
- Swipe the customer's card through the card reader to automatically enter the customer's name, card number, and expiration date.
- Click OK to close the Card Swipe window.
Manually enter a card
- Enter the Card Number, without spaces.
- Enter the card's four-digit Exp Date, in MMYY format.
- Enter the Amount to authorize.
- If necessary, enter the following optional information.
- Customer Number
- Card Present
- Address (the street number of the cardholder's billing address)
- Zip Code (the ZIP code of the cardholder's billing address)
- CVV Indicator
- Clerk Number
- Invoice Number
- Purchase Card
- Tax Exempt
- Purchase Code
- Click PROCESS.
If the authorization is successful, you'll receive an approval code, which you'll need later to settle the transaction, and a window opens with options to create a receipt.
- To create a receipt, complete one of the following steps.
- To print a receipt if a printer is attached to your computer, click Print.
- To email a receipt, enter the customer's email address in the Email field and click Email.
- Later, if you want to charge the customer and settle the successful authorization, follow the steps in Force authorized transactions to settle in Virtual Terminal.