If you subscribe to a CHARGE Anywhere mobile solution and you previously authorized an amount, follow these steps to settle a successful authorization and charge the customer in Charge Anywhere's Transaction Manager. (Note that forcing a settlement is sometimes referred to as an offline transaction.)
Note: To authorize an amount on your mobile device, see Authorize credit transactions in the QuickSale mobile app.
- Log in to Transaction Manager .
Note: If you haven't already activated your Transaction Manager account, see Set up a CHARGE Anywhere mobile solution.
- The Web Terminal screen should automatically open, but if necessary, click Virtual Terminal > Web Terminal Options > Web Terminal.
- Confirm Credit is selected in the Payment Type field.
- Select Force in the Transaction Type field.
- Complete the following steps to swipe a card or manually enter a card.
Swipe a card
- Click SWIPE to open the Card Swipe window.
- In the Card Swipe window, click CLICK HERE TO SWIPE.
- Swipe the customer's card through the card reader to automatically enter the customer's name, card number, and expiration date.
- Click OK to close the Card Swipe window.
Manually enter a card
- Enter the Card Number, without spaces.
- Enter the card's four-digit Exp Date, in MMYY format.
- Enter the Amount that you want to settle. The amount can't be more than the amount that you previously authorized.
- Enter the authorization number in the Orig. App. Code field.
- Enter the transaction ID in the Orig. Trans. ID field.
- Enter the amount that was originally authorized in the Orig. Amount field.
- If necessary, enter the following optional information.
- Customer Number
- Card Present
- Address (the street number of the cardholder's billing address)
- Zip Code (the ZIP code of the cardholder's billing address)
- Clerk Number
- Invoice Number
- Purchase Card
- Tax Exempt
- Purchase Code
- Click PROCESS.
If the transaction is successful, a window opens with options to create a receipt.
- To create a receipt, complete one of the following steps.
- To print a receipt if a printer is attached to your computer, click Print.
- To email a receipt, enter the customer's email address in the Email field and click Email.