If you subscribe to a TSYS mobile solution and you want to authorize and hold an amount without charging a customer now, follow the steps in this article to authorize transactions for credit and signature debit cards in the TSYS Merchant Center.
Tip: To authorize an amount using your TSYS mobile app, see Authorize credit transactions in the TSYS mobile app.
- Log in to the TSYS Merchant Center .
Important! If you haven't yet activated your TSYS Merchant Center account, see Set up a TSYS mobile solution.
- Select Accept Transactions from the navigation menu.
- If the Sale screen isn't already open, click the Sale tab at the top of the screen.
- Enter an amount in the Total field.
- Complete the following steps to manually enter a card.
- In the Payment Information section, select Mail/Phone, Email/Internet, or Card Present.
- Enter the Credit Card Number (note that debit cards are processed as credit).
- Enter the Credit Card Type.
- Enter the Expiration Date.
- Enter the card's three-digit or four-digit security code, if available, in the CVV2 field, or click Illegible, Not Present, or Not Provided.
- Click the Authorize Only option in the Transaction Type section.
- Enter any of the following optional details:
- Invoice details
- Billing information
- Shipping information
- Click Submit.
If the authorization is successful, you'll receive an approval code, which you'll need later to settle the transaction.
Later, if you want to charge the customer and settle the successful authorization, follow the steps in Force authorized transactions to settle in the TSYS Merchant Center.